Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Turn An Original/3G iPhone To A Video Recorder

Video recording is one of the most-wanted features of iPhone 3GS to me. My iPhone is still the 3G release and I don't plan on upgrading to 3GS, since I'm not qualified for a standard upgrade until next July. Before I will be able to upgrade to the rumored iPhone 4G, I think it would be cool to do some video recording with my current iPhone. Fortunately, there are several apps now doing this. I did some research and listed what I found here:

App
Resolution
Frame/Sec
Max Length
Features
Price
iVideoCamera
160x213
3
1 min
-
$0.99
Camcorder
320x426
3-7
No limit
-
$0.99
iVidCam (Free)
280x360
3-7
No limit
-
$0.00
iVidCam
320x427
3-7
No limit
Encode queue, File transfer
$0.99
3GS :)
640x480
30
No limit
Fast encoding, more formats
$499.00

I bought iVidCam. It is pretty good. I especially like its encoding queue feature, with which you can encode videos later when you want to record the next one immediately, and file transfer feature, with which you can transfer videos to computers. The quality is not good, of course, due to both the low frame rate and the low resolution of the camera on 3G, but it is better than nothing.

No comments: